Chili Lime Coconut Salmon. Stir in chili sauce and coconut milk, add brown sugar and fish sauce, then season with ½ teaspoon of salt and black pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil. Add lime zest and juice, then place salmon fillets, skin-side down, into the skillet.
The best part of the experience was a recipe for chili lime chicken wings from Nom Nom Paleo. It's fantastic, please check it out. Anyway, I adapted the recipe to. You can cook Chili Lime Coconut Salmon using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chili Lime Coconut Salmon
- You need 1 of medium shallot, chopped.
- You need of I jalapeno pepper, chopped, with half the seeds removed.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of cilantro, chopped.
- You need 1 of lime, zested and juiced.
- You need 1 tbsp of fish sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 of thumb-sized nub ginger, peeled and chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 2 of fillets centre-cut salmon, deboned and skin-on.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of coconut cream.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of granulated sugar.
Mix together olive oil, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder and lime zest. Season the salmon filet with salt. Brush with chili lime sauce, then scatter lime slices on top. Squeeze fresh lime juice over just before serving.
Chili Lime Coconut Salmon step by step
- Put all the ingredients except for the salmon, coconut cream and sugar in a food processor. Add several grinds of black pepper. Blitz until the sauce becomes a slightly chunky puree, like guacamole..
- Pour the sauce into a shallow dish. Lay the salmon fillets into the sauce, flesh-side down. Cover with cling film and refrigerate for 1 hour..
- Put a medium non-stick pan on medium heat and add a splash of veg oil. Pull the salmon from the marinade and carefully wipe off as much sauce as you can from the fish. Lay the fillets into the pan, skin-side down and fry for 5 minutes. Flip the fish over and fry 5 minutes more. Remove the salmon and set it aside..
- Wipe out the pan with some clean paper towel, then put it back on the heat. Add the marinade and coconut cream and bring to a simmer. Let cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the sugar, and salt to taste. Peel the skin off the salmon and serve with the sauce..
Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place the salmon fillets on the lined tray. Brush the salmon generously with the Coconut Sweet Chilli. Season each piece with a little salt. Top the fillets with the herb crust topping, pressing down to ensure it sticks and is packed on top firmly.