White Asparagus Crab Soup (Sup man cua). Once the soup has come to a boil add the crab meat, asparagus spears and the quail eggs. Serve immediately while hot otherwise the soup has a tendency to MOST POPULAR DISH AT EVERY VIETNAMESE WEDDING "SUP MANG CUA" – Asparagus Crab. Vietnamese Crab & Asparagus soup is an elegant dish, which is why it's served only on special occasions.
Súp Măng Cua is a popular delicacy and consider to be a high-end soup in Vietnam which we get to enjoy only on special occasions like weddings or anniversaries. I have pork soup base and crab soup base. Do you think either of these would work in place of the chicken soup base? You can cook White Asparagus Crab Soup (Sup man cua) using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of White Asparagus Crab Soup (Sup man cua)
- Prepare 5 can of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 can of large white asparagus.
- You need 1 lb of Crab meat.
- It’s 2 can of quail eggs.
- It’s 1 packages of ekoni mushroom.
- You need 3 of egg whites.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 4 clove of garlic.
- You need 1/2 cup of cornstarch.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
Vietnamese crab and asparagus soup: chockfull of vegetables: asparagus, quail eggs, crab meat. Jump to Recipe A perfectly light meal and a great summer soup, this Vietnamese crab and asparagus soup or sup mang cua is what summer is all about. Sup mang cua has a slightly thick, silky texture and combines the sweet and succulent flavors of crab and beautiful white asparagus. Most Vietnamese soups (canh) are designed to be eaten with rice as part of a meal but this soup is typically serve as a first.
White Asparagus Crab Soup (Sup man cua) instructions
- Add chicken broth and garlic to pot. Bring to boil..
- As chicken broth and garlic is prepping to boil, prep other ingredients. Rinse white asparagus then cut into 1 inch segments (diagonal segments). Discard the top of the asparagus..
- Pour quail eggs into basket. Rinse thoroughly..
- Next, prepare the mushroom. Cut the bottom half of the enoki mushroom and discard. Wash and cut mushroom into an inch segment..
- Next, prepare the corn starch. Add corn starch in a small bowl with water. Stir and set aside..
- Prepare the egg whites. Whisk the egg whites wish a fork in a small bowl..
- When the broth comes to a boil, add in the crab meat..
- Add in quail eggs, mushrooms, and white asparagus..
- Season with sugar. Next, add in corn starch while slowly stirring..
- Add in egg whites slowly while stirring with a fork..
Crab asparagus soup is one of the earliest and most popular Vietnamese style sup. Its Vietnamese name is Sup cua mang tay or It looks exquisite with clear soup, white crab meat and vibrant green asparagus and herbs. If you already have some stock ready. The French introduced asparagus to the Vietnamese, who promptly incorporated this classic vegetable into their cuisine. This is a nice, light soup that my whole family likes.