Our Family Recipe for Octopus Rice. Nothing like an octopus rice to celebrate a great family lunch. Add the octopus and the rice seasoned with a little salt and pepper, stir and pour the cooking water (enough water to completely cover the rice and the octopus). Subscribe to our newsletter and receive new recipes in your inbox.
Blanca teaches The Recipe Hunters a delicious recipe for Arroz con Pulpo or rice and octopus. How to cook octopus couldn't be easier and my octopus recipe will show you how exactly how to cook tender octopus. Follow me on Instagram @theocooks How to cook octopus always seems to be cloaked in mystery and this probably stems from the enigmatic creature itself. You can have Our Family Recipe for Octopus Rice using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Our Family Recipe for Octopus Rice
- You need 150 grams of Boiled octopus.
- Prepare 360 ml of White rice.
- Prepare 1 clove of Ginger.
- You need 2 tbsp of ● Soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ● Sake.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ● Mirin.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ● Dashi stock granules.
- It’s 10 of cm cube Kombu for dashi stock.
- It’s 400 ml of Water.
It may seem daunting, but octopus is worth tackling at home. Octopus is delightful when cooked properly, but it can be devilish to cook, going from tender to rubbery as it sits in the pot. I don't like this at all. It may seem daunting, but octopus is worth tackling at home.
Our Family Recipe for Octopus Rice instructions
- Wash the rice and drain in a sieve. Lightly wash the octopus, pat dry the excess water and slice into 5 mm. Peel the ginger and julienne. Soak the kombu in water and leave the stock to the side..
- Put the rice in a rice cooker and add all the ● ingredients. Pour the stock from Step 1 up to the 2 cup mark and mix everything well..
- Add octopus, ginger, and kelp to the cooker, switch on, and when it's done, julienne the kombu and mix in..
- * If using raw octopus, rub with salt first and wash. It'll result in a softer texture..
- You can use shio kombu instead of dashi kombu – it'll still be delicious. If you do so, just season with 2 tablespoons of Japanese sake..
Whether grilled or braised, the tender tentacles are incredibly delicious and Welcome back to Instagram. Sign in to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around the world. Easy Grilled Octopus Recipe – tender, lightly seasoned and charred octopus that tastes amazing! I am prepping a medium to large one now for our enjoyment later this evening while watching the This recipe for grilled octopus looks amazing. I do not have a gas grill.