Sponge Cake. Victoria Sponge Cake Recipe – British Classic – Recipes by Warren Nash. Eggless Sponge Cake Recipes Eggless Sponge Cake Video (In Hindi By Sanjeev Kapoor (student)). Sponge cakes can be made using the creaming method, the whisking method or by adding the cake ingredients to the batter in stages.
We have recipes including a classic Victoria sandwich, chocolate sponge, Bakewell and lemon drizzle cake. Sponge cakes baked in cake pans easily lend themselves to filling between the layers. Sponge cakes baked in sheet pans can be filled and rolled before being frosted on the outside. You can cook Sponge Cake using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sponge Cake
- You need 4 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 lb. of magarine.
- Prepare 3/4 lb of or 11/2 cups sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla essence.
- It’s 8 of eggs.
- You need 1 lb. of flour.
- It’s 4 tbs. of hot water (not boiling).
- You need of Flavouring.
- Prepare of Zest of 1 lime.
- Prepare 3 dashes of Angostura Bitters.
- You need 1 tsp of ground spice.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground clove.
- You need 1 tbs of lemon juice.
- You need 2 tbs of rum.
Dense yellow cake that can stand up to the. There is no baking powder, no butter, no oil. Check my tips to make it perfect! American Sponge Cake Recipe & Video.
Sponge Cake instructions
- Cream together margarine and sugar until light and fluffy..
- Add vanilla essence and butters..
- Best in eggs one at a time making sure to beat each egg in well before adding the next one..
- Sift dry ingredients with spice and clove. Then fold this into egg mixture gradually..
- Add lime zest, lemon juice and rum. Then add hot water..
- Pour into greased and floured cake pans and bake at 325- 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 -40 mins or until tester comes out clean..
What makes this American Sponge Cake so unique is its spongy texture that is so wonderfully light and moist. The cake is bouncy like a sponge, with the soft and delicate texture resemble cotton when you tear it apart. I also add the cake batter to the dough of the chocolate Japanese milk bread. Take a basic sponge cake recipe to the next level with these When it comes to tea-time, a sponge cake recipe is the best way to go! Sponge cake is one of the oldest known sweet goods.