O Jing Eo Bokk Geum (Stir Fried Squid).
You can have O Jing Eo Bokk Geum (Stir Fried Squid) using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of O Jing Eo Bokk Geum (Stir Fried Squid)
- It’s 1 of medium squid (2/3 of a big one).
- Prepare 1/2 of jalapeños finely chopped.
- It’s 1/2 of of a medium onion.
- Prepare 2 of medium shallots (optional).
- It’s 3 of small stalks of celery.
- It’s 1 of small carrot thinly sliced.
- You need 1/2 of of medium squash.
- It’s 3 stalks of green onion.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- You need of sauce:.
- Prepare 1 TBSP of fish sauce.
- It’s 1 TBSP of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 TBSP of gochoojang (Korean hot bean paste).
- Prepare 3 TBSP of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 TBSP of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 of finely chopped ginger.
- You need 2 TBSP of chili powder(gochoogaroo).
O Jing Eo Bokk Geum (Stir Fried Squid) instructions
- Peel squid skin off. Put a pinch of salt onto squid. Wash well. Drain..
- Cut squid tentacles into 2 inches long. Cut body, length wise, into 2 or 3 depending on how big it is..
- The inside of the squid is slightly whiter. Also the outside looks smoother than the inside..
- From the inside part, length wise, make small cuts, slightly not completely cut. Turn sideways, make same kind of cuts. This will give design to pieces of squid when cooked. Again, turn squid length wise, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces. Put into bowl together with chopped jalapeños..
- Cut celery,diagonally, into not too thick slices. Cut squash, length wise, into half. Then slice into not too thick slices. Cut green onion into 2 inches long. Put all veggies together with the thinly sliced carrots into a bowl..
- Put all ingredients for sauce into bowl. Mix well..
- On high heat, stir fry onion and shallots. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Stir fry until onion is half cooked. Add all veggies. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Stir fry for another 2 minutes Add squid and jalapeños. Pour all sauce on squid. Stir fry for 3 minutes, or until squid pieces (body’s pieces)curl up. Squid will be tough if over cooked..
- Transfer to serving plate. Serve with hot rice..