Pitch Black Squid Ink Pasta.
You can have Pitch Black Squid Ink Pasta using 12 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pitch Black Squid Ink Pasta
- It’s 300 grams of Oval squid (or cuttlefish).
- It’s 200 grams of Pasta.
- You need 1 of ink sac Squid ink.
- It’s 1 of Squid liver.
- Prepare 20 of Unshelled Manila clams.
- You need 3 tbsp of ● Olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 small of ● Onion.
- You need 1 clove of ● Garlic.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ● Thai fish sauce.
- Prepare 1 dash of ● Black pepper.
- It’s 1 dash of ● Salt.
- You need 100 ml of ● White wine.
Pitch Black Squid Ink Pasta instructions
- Degrit the Manila clams. Once degritted, rub the shells together to clean..
- Mince the garlic and onion..
- Cut up the squid. Do not soak the squid in water or rinse it..
- There is a bone at the base of the body, so separate the tentacles from the body with your fingers. Be careful not to smash the ink sac or the liver. They will come out by gently pulling..
- The bluish organ is the ink sac. Pull it apart gently without breaking it open..
- Make an incision under the eyes, and pull out the liver. It will have a beige color..
- Remove the transparent bone by pulling on it..
- There will be a seam where the bones were removed, so insert a knife and cut along the seam..
- It should look like this butterflied..
- Turn it over, and pull the fin to the center..
- Then, tear off the fin..
- Slice the squid in half by cutting down the center, trim off the tough edges, and remove the thin outer membrane on both sides with a paper towel or damp cloth..
- Make small shallow cuts in the flesh lengthwise, then thinly slice the flesh in the other direction by laying the knife at an angle and sliding it down the flesh..
- This method of cutting will collect the sauce more easily..
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan, and sauté the garlic until fragrant. Add the onion, and sauté until golden brown..
- Add the white wine and nam pla, bring to a boil, then add the Manila clams..
- Start boiling the pasta..
- Once the clams open up, season with salt and pepper. Squeeze the squid ink into the pan, add the liver, and mix. If the liquid boils out, add some pasta water to the sauce. Add the squid and lightly toss..
- Transfer the pasta to the squid ink sauce, coat it evenly, then it's ready to serve..