Easy Baked Fish Tacos. In a medium shallow bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, paprika, chili powder, cumin, and cayenne. Add cod, tossing until evenly coated. These easy baked fish tacos are probably my favorite way to eat tacos.
This is my go-to fish taco recipe for both busy weeknights and family weekends. Tilapia fillets are pan-fried in a jalapeno-infused oil and served with a quick cabbage slaw. For a milder flavor, remove the seeds from jalapeno peppers before adding to the slaw. You can cook Easy Baked Fish Tacos using 23 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Baked Fish Tacos
- Prepare of For the tacos:.
- You need 2 of large flounder fillets (top portion preferably and skinned).
- It’s of Blackening or Cajun seasoning of choice… Chef Paul Prudhomme's Blackened Redfish Magic works great and is my favorite.
- You need of Flour tortillas.
- Prepare 1 of large tomato.
- It’s 2 of limes.
- You need of Cilantro.
- You need of Avocado.
- Prepare of Green onions.
- It’s of Cheese of Choice: I used Kraft mozzarella.
- You need of Sour Cream.
- You need of salt & pepper.
- It’s of For the black beans:.
- Prepare 1 (20 oz) of can of black beans drained but not rinsed.
- Prepare 1/2 of red onion chopped.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves minced.
- It’s 1 of jalapeno seeded and finely diced.
- It’s 2 of small yellow peppers seeded and diced.
- You need 1 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare to taste of salt & pepper.
- Prepare of Chicken Broth approx. 1 cup (you can substitute water).
Tilapia + spices + loads of lime all piled into a corn tortilla and topped with a fresh, crunchy slaw! Healthy easy deliciousness for the win! These Baked Fish Tacos are everything. If you know me, then you know that I love Mexican food more than anything.
Easy Baked Fish Tacos instructions
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray..
- Prepare your fish by rinsing it and patting it dry. Make sure there are no bones and season both sides liberally with seasoning blend. Place on baking sheet and set aside..
- Dice your tomato and place in a bowl. Add the zest of one lime. Cut lime in half and add the juice of one half to the tomato. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and stir. Set this aside to marinade for a bit..
- Place fish in oven. Cooking times vary depending on the size of your filets. Mine took about 20 minutes because they were really thick. The fish is done when it flakes easily in the middle with a fork..
- While the fish cooks. Heat a pot over medium heat. Add your olive oil. Then add the onions, peppers, and garlic. Saute until soft. Next add your cumin paprika and black beans. Stir well to combine. Add just enough liquid (chicken broth or water) to cover the beans. Salt and pepper to taste. Cover and let simmer on low until fish is done. *note: if you want a little extra kick you can add some chipotle powder..
- When fish is done remove from oven and place on a pan to cool. If you leave it on the hot pan you just cooked on it will continue to cook even though it's out of the oven. Break it into chunks for the tacos..
- Wrap your tortillas in foil and place in oven to warm while you prepare the rest of the garnishes..
- Chop a good bunch of cilantro and stir this in with the tomato and lime. Chop your avocado and squeeze some lime juice over (using the other half of your lime from earlier.) Chop some green onions. Slice the 2nd lime for serving..
- Remove your tortillas. Turn oven off and turn the heat off from beans. Now your ready to build your tacos!.
- I start with the cheese first. Then the fish. Next I pile on the toppings..
The Best Baked Fish Tacos Recipes on Yummly Sheet-pan Fish Tacos, Bahn Mi Tacos, Not Fried Halibut Tacos With Asian Sesame Slaw.. Here's my fish taco recipe—easy to make, easy to love! How to Make an Easy Fish Taco Recipe. You'll love the combination of warm, spicy pan-fried fish topped with a light, creamy slaw.