Avocado and Crab Stacked Salad. Add crab meat and gently toss. Cut the avocado open, remove pit and peel the skin or spoon the avocado out. Stacked salads look so fancy, don't they?
This refreshing layered salad is made with avocado, drizzled with lime juice and olive oil, topped with a layer of fresh crab salad. As an optional garnish you can also serve the crab avocado stack with some pickled red onions. Atkins welcomes you to try our delicious Crab and Avocado Salad recipe for a low carb lifestyle. You can cook Avocado and Crab Stacked Salad using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Avocado and Crab Stacked Salad
- You need 1 of FOR CRAB SALAD.
- It’s 8 oz of jumbo lump crabmeat.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fresh lemon juice.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cajun seasoning.
- You need 1/4 tsp of black pepper and salt to taste.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chopped chives.
- You need 2 tbsp of finely chopped celery.
- It’s 1 tsp of hot sauce, such as franks brand.
- You need 1 of avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced.
- You need 1 large of fresh tomato, sliced into 1/4 inch slices.
- Prepare 2 cup of torn soft lettece leaves.
- It’s 1 small of cucumber, sliced.
- You need 1 of cherry tomato, sliced.
- It’s 1 of FOR WASABI DRESSING.
- You need 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 3 tbsp of seasoned rice vinegar.
- You need 1 tsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of wasabi paste.
- You need 1 dash of 1/8 teaspoon black pepper.
Get started by browsing our full list of ingredients here. Alternatively, this salad looks great served in the well of avocado halves instead of cubing the avocado simply remove the seed and the skin. Recipe for an easy and delicious crab avocado stack salad, made with layers of avocado and refreshing crab salad that is made with fresh crab, red onion, bell pepper, cucumber, radishes, lime juice, olive oil, and cilantro. Toss the romaine, croutons, haricots verts and the remaining avocado with the remaining dressing in a large bowl.
Avocado and Crab Stacked Salad step by step
- PREPARE WASABI DRESSING.
- Combine oil, vinegar, soy, wasabi and pepper in a bowl, whisk to blend, set aside..
- MAKE CRAB SALAD.
- In a bowl whisk mayonnaise, lemon, cajun seasoning, pepper, salt to taste, chives, celery and hot sauce. Fold in crab meat catefully so as not to break it up, set aside.
- Place torn greens on a platter, surround with cucumber slices. Put 2 large tomato slices in the center, top with some crab salad, top the crab with avocado slices, add another layer of crab salad, and top again with sliced avacado, pressing gently. Top with a cherry tomato slice and small piece of avacodo..
- Drizzle with wasabi dressing, serving with more to add if desired..
Divide the romaine salad among plates, top with the tomatoes and place some of the crab mixture in the center. Recently at a restaurant in LA I had another delicious crab mango salad, this time with avocado and surrounded by peeled ruby red grapefruit. Cut the avocado in half lengthways and remove the stone. Peel off the skin, then cut into thin slices. Put the rocket, tomatoes and avocado into a large bowl.