Island Seafood and Corn Chowder. This corn and seafood chowder is a hearty, creamy mixture of scallops, shrimp, potatoes, and corn. Use clam broth, fish stock or shrimp stock. Recipe by Brooke the Cook in.
Tender pieces of cod, smoked haddock and salmon all cooked. All Reviews for Seafood and Corn Chowder. Seafood and Corn Chowder. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. You can cook Island Seafood and Corn Chowder using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Island Seafood and Corn Chowder
- You need of White fish, 1 lbs diced large (I used cod).
- Prepare 1 lbs of peeled, deveined shrimp.
- Prepare 1 can of corn, drained.
- It’s 2 cans of coconut milk, plus 1 can water or seafood stock.
- It’s of Red bell pepper, diced.
- You need 3 of medium potatoes, peeled and diced.
- Prepare 1 tbs of tomato paste.
- You need 1 of large onion.
- It’s 4 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 1 of fresh scotch bonnet, pierced once with a knife.
- You need 1.5 tsp of Paprika.
- Prepare 2 of celery stalks, diced.
- It’s 1 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
Learn how to make Seafood and corn chowder & see the Smartpoints value of this great recipe. Use whatever white fish fillets look best at your market for this soup—you really can't go wrong. Corn just off the cob will give the soup better flavor, but it's still fantastic with kernels right out of the freezer. When you get a craving for chowder, search no further than the kidney-friendly recipe for Seafood Corn Chowder.
Island Seafood and Corn Chowder step by step
- Heat oil in a pot, saute onion and garlic until onion translucent..
- Add the diced potatoes and celery. Cook for about 8 min. Add in your tomato paste then your seasonings and salt and pepper. Cook for further 2 min..
- Add in your coconut milk, milk, scotch bonnet and red Bell pepper. Bring to rolling boil and cook until the potatoes are ALMOST cooked through..
- When the potatoes are about 80% cooked, add in your white fisg and shrimp. Cook for about 8-10 min until the fish is flaky and the shrimp is pink..
- Serve hot. I julienned some fresh kale and put it in my bowl. When the hot chowder is poured into the bowl it will cook the kale just perfectly..
Add nondairy creamer, evaporated milk, surimi, corn, black pepper and paprika. Remove cobs from cream, strain cream, and add to saucepan. From clam to corn to lobster, these six favorite New England chowder recipes should do the trick. Here in New England, it seems we can never have enough chowder recipes. From clam to corn to The rich seafood chowder recipe—one of six "chowdahs" on the menu at Newick's Lobster House in.