Spanish cod fritters. Adapted from Michael Pancheri of Allium. Your (and now my!) Spanish Salt Cod Fritters. These were my favorite part of an elaborate Seven Fishes Christmas Eve dinner.
The main reason is to preserve the fish this way. Try this fast version of the Spanish cod fritters recipe. Try our smoked cod fritters recipe, Spanish tapas classic made easy. You can have Spanish cod fritters using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spanish cod fritters
- Prepare 300 grams of salt-cured cod (in small pieces if possible).
- Prepare 220 grams of all-purpose flour.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 16 grams of baking powder.
- Prepare 5 of garlic cloves.
- You need 1 of parsley.
- You need 1 of oil for frying.
Bite-sized cod and potato fishcakes bound together with egg and flour, fried until crisp. A few cod fritters served as spanish tapas Cod fritters, traditional Spanish tapas Bunuelos de Bacalao. These delicious Spanish cod fritters are so easy to make with this step by step video recipe. If you make Spanish Cod Fritters Recipe please tag my name @munchkintimeblog on Instagram.
Spanish cod fritters instructions
- Put the cod in water to de-salt it. Change the water before night.
- Use a kitchen towel to dry the cid. Extend the towel, put the cod in it +if possible, the cutsshoukd not touch each other) and roll the the towel all you can..
- Mix the flour, the milk, the baking powder and the egg yolkds until you have a slightly runny batter..
- Mince the garlic and parsely and add to the batter and mix..
- Mince the cod, and add too. Mix..
- Bring the egg whites to soft peaks and carefully add in the batter. Use a spatula too stir..
- Heat oil in a pan. Once hot yiu can start frying. I use a teaspon to messue the batter per each fritter..
There is much debate between the Spanish and Portuguese as to who has the better cod fritters; we don't want to ruffle any feathers and we're not choosing sides, but we will say that these cod fritters. Bacalao – salt cod – is one of the great Spanish delights, adding flavor to bland ingredients such as potatoes. Translations of the phrase COD FRITTERS from english to spanish and examples of the use of "COD FRITTERS" in a sentence with their translations: We have this recipe of cod fritters in two formats. This Spanish Cod And Potato Fritters recipe is featured in the Cod feed along with many more. Potaje (Spanish Chickpea Stew)San Pasqual's Kitchen.