Carrot Cake. I've tried many carrot cakes, and this is my favorite recipe. How to make carrot cake from scratch. This cake is quick and easy to make, versatile and utterly delicious.
Moist and Soft Carrot Cake with Pineapple and Cream Cheese Frosting I feel like carrot cake is a dessert most people tend to only make around Easter. But honestly, carrot cake is such an incredible dessert and I think it should be enjoyed all year long. You can have Carrot Cake using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Carrot Cake
- Prepare 2 cups of flour.
- It’s 3 cups of shredded carrots.
- You need 2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 4 of large eggs.
- You need 2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1 1/4 cups of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of white sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped pecan + 1/2 cup for garnishing.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 1 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of For Frosting.
- You need 8 oz of cream cheese.
- Prepare 4 cups of powdered sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of butter.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla.
Carrot cake is cake that contains carrots mixed into the batter. Most modern carrot cake recipes have a white cream cheese frosting. This carrot cake cake sets the standard for carrot cakes everywhere. It's deeply moist and filled with toasted pecans.
Carrot Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl break n whisk eggs, sugar oil and vanilla..
- Then stir in flour, baking soda, cinnamon powder, salt, baking powder, nutmeg. Then fold in shredded carrots and pecans.
- Grease and flour 9 inch baking pan.(I used 2 round ones).
- Add the batter to the baking pan and place in the oven to bake for 40 to 50 mins. When finish baking put to cool for abt 1hr.
- For frosting: In a bowl add powdered(confectionery) sugar, vanilla, soft cream cheese and butter and mix until creamed..
- Once cake is cool remove from baking pan and place on a cake rack. Spread frosting to the top and then topped with pecans. (Nb because I made 2 cakes I shave the top of one of the cake to be flat enough then I spread frosting then I place the second cake on top then spread frosting again n all over the cakes). Hope you enjoy!!!.
Most of its flavor comes from brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and carrots. Whether you want a carrot cake that's dense, moist and full of spice and nuts, or you like Try Rachel Allen's easiest carrot cake loaf for afternoon tea, Dan Lepard's carrot cake cupcakes for Easter, or. Grate the carrots on the small holes of a box grater. This truly is the best carrot cake recipe! It's perfectly moist and delicious, made with lots of fresh carrots, and topped with the most heavenly cream cheese frosting.