Beef Bulgogi (불고기).
You can have Beef Bulgogi (불고기) using 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef Bulgogi (불고기)
- It’s of Marinade.
- You need of Japanese or Korean soy sauce.
- It’s of mirin.
- You need of sugar (optional).
- Prepare of Korean nashi pear or 1 small red apple.
- You need of onion (about 80 g).
- Prepare of garlic cloves.
- Prepare of freshly ground black pepper.
- It’s of sesame oil.
- Prepare of Main.
- You need of beef, sliced into thin (approx. 3 mm) slices.
- You need of onion, sliced.
- You need of toasted sesame seeds.
- You need of sesame oil.
- You need of vegetable oil.
- You need of carrot, julienned (optional).
- Prepare of chopped scallions (optional).
Beef Bulgogi (불고기) step by step
- Combine all marinade ingredients except the sesame oil in a blender. Puree until smooth. Pour marinade over beef and add sesame oil. Mix thoroughly, and let marinate for 4 hours at room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator..
- Set a skillet on medium high heat with both the vegetable and sesame oil until hot but not smoking. Fry the meat and vegetables for 3–5 minutes or until cooked to desired level of doneness. Toss in sesame seeds and give a quick stir..
- Serve with steamed rice and Korean side dishes (e.g. kimchi)..