Seafood Bisque. Save On Organic Food, Natural Snacks, Nut Butters, Tea, Coffee, and Bars, at Vitacost®! In a Dutch oven, combine the first eight ingredients. Reduce heat; add the shrimp, crab and mushrooms.
Just add the shrimp to the bisque and simmer until heated through. As you dish up the soup, sprinkle chopped fresh basil leaves and a little freshly shredded Parmesan cheese on each serving. Bisque is a smooth, creamy, flavorful French soup that's traditionally made with a strained broth made with seafood like lobster, crab or shrimp. You can cook Seafood Bisque using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Seafood Bisque
- Prepare 1/2 cup of minced shallot.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of flour.
- You need 1 quart of water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chicken base.
- It’s 14 oz of baby clam in juice.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of uncooked shrimp.
- Prepare 1/3 lb of cod in one piece.
- It’s 1/3 lb of salmon in one piece.
- You need 2/3 lb of cooked crab meat, chopped.
- It’s 1 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 cup of half and half.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sherry wine.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
Remove the bacon from the pot with a slotted spoon. This makes a to die for super rich seafood bisque, chocked full of seafood such as shrimp, crab, salmon, clams and cod and is lower carb than most,due to no potatoes. The original recipe was obtained from a local restaurant. Shrimp shells and spices are simmered in thickened seafood stock seasoned with paprika and tomato paste, then combined with shrimp, cream and sherry in this classic bisque.
Seafood Bisque instructions
- Sauté minced shallots in butter until soft..
- Add the flour and stir with whisk for 5 minutes on low heat, set aside..
- Bring one quart of water to a boil and add chicken base, clams, crab, shrimp and whole pieces of salmon and cod..
- Return to boil, lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes..
- Strain the stock, reserving the seafood..
- Stir the shallot mixture into the stock..
- Add the heavy cream and half and half to the stock, bring to a simmer on low heat and cook until thickened, about 5 minutes..
- Chunk the salmon and cod and add all of the seafood back into the soup pot..
- Add the sherry and heat through, no more than 3 minutes..
If you adore seafood, then this crab and shrimp seafood bisque is a great simple and delicious recipe to try at home. This is especially true if you live near the ocean, and can get your hands on fresh crab, shrimp and other amazing seafood. In a Dutch oven, heat butter over medium-high heat. Though the term "bisque" can now often refer to any type of creamy soup, the original and authentic bisque contains broth and seafood. In a large, heavy pot over medium heat, heat butter.