Leeks and Potatoes. I like to combine potatoes and extra veggies when roasting potatoes. The starchy vegetable needs a little extra aroma on the pan. Adding garlic, onion, or in my case LEEKS, really enhances the flavor.
This leek and potato soup recipe is easy and delicious. Of the winter soups, leek and potato is one of the most comforting and familiar – and Darina Allen's makes the most of seasonal, local veg. A smooth, creamy leek and potato soup that's full of flavour. You can have Leeks and Potatoes using 25 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Leeks and Potatoes
- Prepare of Meat and vegetables.
- Prepare 2 of large leeks.
- You need 2 of large carrots.
- You need 1 pound of potatoes.
- Prepare 1 pound of chicken breast boneless and skinless.
- You need 2 quart of water.
- You need of Precooked extras.
- Prepare 2 cups of macaroni and cheese see my recipe.
- It’s 2 cups of mashed potatoes see my recipe.
- You need of Spices.
- You need 1 tablespoon of mustard powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s As needed of salt and ground black pepper.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of parsley flakes.
- Prepare of Meatballs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 2/3 pound of ground sirloin.
- Prepare To taste of salt and pepper.
- It’s of Thickener and frying.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of oil to shallow fry in.
- Prepare 1/2 stick of butter.
- You need 1/4 cup of flour.
- You need 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- It’s To taste of salt.
Make it into a meal with plenty of bread and butter. Scatter one-quarter of leeks over potatoes. Begin by trimming the leeks, discarding the tough outer layer. Now split them in half lengthways and slice them quite finely, then wash them thoroughly in two or three changes of water.
Leeks and Potatoes instructions
- Boil the chicken in water. Slice the carrots and leeks on a bias. Cut the chicken, when done, into manageable pieces and add back to the water..
- Add the leeks and carrots, then add the spices. Stir well..
- Simmer covered and slice the potatoes and fry them. Fry till just turning golden brown remove from the oil. Put on a paper towel to absorb excessive amounts of oil. Season with a little salt..
- Mix the ground sirloin with the salt and pepper. Add in the cheese and mix well. Make little meatballs and fry till crispy on the outside..
- Turn as needed I did 2 batches. When crispy add right in to the leeks..
- When all the meatballs are in add the fried potatoes. Simmer covered 20 minutes. Add the mashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese. Stir well..
- Add salt and pepper to the butter and melt in the microwave. Stir in the flour and olive oil..
- Pour this thickener into the leeks and cook. Stirring constantly till thickened and the flour has cooked for about 10-12 minutes. Let rest 15 minutes give it a good stir and serve. I hope you enjoy!!!.
Place them in a baking dish. Scatter over the celery, leeks and a liberal sprinkling of black pepper. These Leek and potato patties make delicious appetizers or an ideal side dish to accompany many meat dishes. This leek and potato gratin is something that I learned to make a few years ago and haven't stopped since. It goes perfectly with a beautiful oven roast- whether it's ham.