Brad's pork and steamer clams in red Thai curry. Fresh steamed clams go perfect with Chef Keoni Chang's excellent recipe for Thai Red Curry. Mahalo for checking out this video and we hope you enjoy the. Serve an Indian-inspired red curry for a delicious, easy one-dish dinner tonight.
Create your own customized Thai curry with the Recipe Maker. Add the pork, carrots, and ginger and continue to simmer, adjusting the heat as necessary. A quick and easy pork curry that can be cooked in minutes. You can have Brad's pork and steamer clams in red Thai curry using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brad's pork and steamer clams in red Thai curry
- You need 3 of LG pork sirloin steaks, cubed.
- You need 18 of steamer clams.
- It’s 1/2 of LG sweet onion, slivered.
- You need 1 of med youkon gold potato, cubed.
- Prepare 3 of LG radishes, sliced.
- You need 1 1/2 tbs of minced garlic.
- It’s 2 (13.5 Oz) of cans coconut milk.
- It’s 1 tbs of granulated chicken bouillon.
- You need 2 tbs of red Thai curry paste, or more if you like it very spicy.
- It’s 2 tbs of brown sugar.
- You need 1-2 tbs of fish sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbs of dried basil.
- Prepare to taste of Himalayan pink salt.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro, plus some for garnish.
- You need of cooked jasmine rice.
Useful Tips:It is important to fry the paste in oil first to release the aromas of the aromatic herbs and spices. If your canned coconut milk has A green curry should be slightly more salty than sweet. Red and green curries are the two most popular Thai curries. The main ingredient in red curry is matured red chilli, so it is not as hot as Thai curries is known as "kaeng" which means a watery dish to be eaten with rice. "Kari" means curry in Thai and is referring to Indian-style curry influenced dishes.
Brad's pork and steamer clams in red Thai curry instructions
- Add onion, potato, and pork in a Dutch oven. Pour in 2 cups of water and add bouillon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20-25 min. Until potatoes start to get tender..
- Add rest of ingredients except clams and rice. Bring to a simmer for five minutes. Add clams and continue to simmer until all clams open.
- Serve with hot cooked rice and garnish with more cilantro.
Here, we bring Thai inspiration with a spicy red curry coconut broth and a shower of fresh herbs. Serving it with quick-cooking rice noodles brings the whole meal together in The spicy curry broth is a great match for the brininess of the mussels. Mussels steam very quickly once the broth is prepared. Use fragrant hot red curry paste as the base to this coconut curry dish with baby sweetcorn, coriander and soy, from BBC Good Food. To cook from frozen: thoroughly defrost, then heat in a pan on the hob until curry is hot all the way through.