Shepherd's pie. Try An Amazing Velveeta Skillet Recipe & Find Out Just How Good It Is! Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. Place in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water.
But since I'm Scottish, I thought I'd give it a unique twist to suit my ancestral tastes. The use of lamb, the smoky, heather taste of Guinness® Draught (Irish, I admit), and the topping of sharp Cheddar and smoked paprika give this version its unique, smoky-sweet flavor. You'll love the convenience of this easy, comforting shepherd's pie from Martha Stewart. You can cook Shepherd's pie using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shepherd's pie
- It’s 1.1 of /2 kg chicken Mince.
- Prepare 600 g of mix vegetables.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt or per taste.
- Prepare 2 tsp of coarse black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of Mixed herbs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of chilli powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 8 tsp of Bisto gravy granules.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need of Mash Potatoes for topping.
- It’s of Grated cheddar cheese for topping.
Unlike other shepherd's pie recipes, this one calls for frozen vegetables instead of fresh and can be made the day before. Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton. Here in the states we are more of a beef eating culture than a lamb eating one, and when one is served "shepherd's pie" here, it is most often made with ground beef. Traditionally, shepherd's pie is made with lamb (hence the name).
Shepherd's pie step by step
- Heat the oil into the pan add meat and cook until all the water dry up.then add all the spices and salt and pepper.cook for 1min,then add all the vegetables mix well. Cook until vegetables are cooked..
- Add gravy granules and as much boiling water as you need for the mixture to be thick and well combined..
- Put the mixture in the baking dish.make the mash potatoes and spread it on the mixture.add the cheese on top and bake it in the oven at 180°c for 30 minutes..
- Serve hot with some gravy and mix salad..
However, as the dish gained wider popularity outside of its native English homeland (where using beef would make this a cottage pie), beef became a common substitute, especially in America where it's more widely available than ground lamb. Shepherd's pie is traditionally made with a ground-lamb filling, but we make ours with ground beef. The sauce is really simple and flavorful, but the best part is the insanely fluffy mashed potato. Best Shepherd's Pie This is the best shepherds pie recipe I've ever had, and it comes from a friend who was a whiz at pinching pennies without sacrificing hearty flavor.—Valerie Merrill, Topeka, Kansas These shepherd's pie recipes run the range from the traditional (featuring ground or minced lamb) to the modestly modified (ground beef instead of lamb) to the more modern and experimental (vegan or paleo shepherd's pies). You can't go wrong with any of these savory one-pot comfort-food casseroles, complete meals that also feature veggies, a savory gravy, and a mashed potato (or a surprise.