Mediterranean stuffed chicken breasts. This versatile stuffed chicken breast dish is easy enough for a weeknight supper but elegant enough for company. Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Cindy Barr. Feta cheese, roasted peppers, spinach and more flavors from the Mediterranean fill these easy stuffed chicken breasts.
Pierce chicken with fork several times and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Our Mediterranean chicken is stuffed with nutritious and tasty ingredients like kalamata olives and sun-dried tomatoes, and it's easy to prepare. The next time you're looking for healthy chicken recipes, look to the tangy and earthy ingredients of the Mediterranean! You can have Mediterranean stuffed chicken breasts using 11 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mediterranean stuffed chicken breasts
- You need 4 of chicken breasts.
- It’s 2 cup of white mushrooms finely diced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sun dried tomatoes in oil finely diced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of black olives finely diced.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of dry oregano.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- You need to taste of fresh ground black pepper.
- Prepare of fresh basil leafs.
- Prepare 4 tablespoon of goat cheese (I've used spreadable type, black pepper seasonned).
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar.
This meal of chicken breasts stuffed with tomatoes, olives and feta is fit for dinner guests. Make a cut on one side of the chicken breast – but don't slice through – and butterfly. These stuffed chicken breasts may seem complicated, but in reality, couldn't be simpler. Serve with cauliflower rice or your favorite vegetable.
Mediterranean stuffed chicken breasts instructions
- Preheat oven at 400°..
- In a bowl, mix mushrooms with sun dried tomatoes, black olives, garlic powder and oregano, reserve..
- In an other bowl, mix olive oil and balsamic vinegar, reserve..
- Cut chicken breasts length wise to make pocket, reserve..
- Spread goat cheese inside each chicken breast, on both sides..
- Cover inside of chicken breasts with fresh basil leafs, as needed..
- Fill in pocket with mushroom mix..
- Close pocket with toothpicks..
- Brush top and bottom of chicken breasts with oil and vinegar mix..
- Put on baking sheet covered with parchemin paper and cook in preheated oven for 20 minutes..
- Broil for couple of minutes..
- Serve with side salad and hot bread or any sidedish you want..
Fill each with the olive mixture. Lay the chicken breasts in your crockpot and brush with the oil. That's why this Mediterranean-Stuffed Chicken by genius recipe developer and blogger Yumna Jawad of Feel Good Foodie is bound to become your This quick-and-easy recipe uses protein-rich chicken breast and calls for aromatic ingredients such as basil, garlic and oregano — as well a bright spinach. Mediterranean Stuffed Chicken Breasts recipe: This versatile dish is easy enough for a weeknight supper but elegant enough for company. Place chicken on a grill rack coated with cooking spray.