Peanut Butter Cup Cake.
You can have Peanut Butter Cup Cake using 18 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Peanut Butter Cup Cake
- Prepare of Batter.
- You need 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Prepare 1 (16 oz) of package light brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter, softened.
- You need 3 of large eggs.
- You need 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 (8 oz) of container sour cream.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 cup of hot water.
- It’s of Peanut Butter Frosting.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of butter, softened.
- You need 1 1/4 cups of creamy peanut butter.
- You need 4 cups of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tablespoons of instant vanilla pudding mix.
- Prepare as needed of Reeses candy for decoration.
Peanut Butter Cup Cake instructions
- Spray a pan with baking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees..
- Melt chocolate chips. (Microwave at 30 second intervals until melted, stir). Set aside..
- Using an electric mixer. beat butter and brown sugar at medium speed for 5 minutes..
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Beat in melted chocolate just until combined.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda. and salt.
- Add flour, alternating with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Beat in vanilla extract.
- With mixer on low speed, gradually add in hot water (it will look watery).
- Divide cake batter evenly into 3 cake pans.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cake is firm when gently pressed on top. Let cool for 10 mins then remove from pans to cool completely..
- To make frosting: Beat butter and peanut butter until smooth and creamy.
- Beat in half the powdered sugar and half the milk.
- Beat in remaining powdered sugar. remaining milk, instant pudding mix.
- Place one cake layer on a cake stand or serving platter. Spread frosting on top, layer another cake, frost, layer last cake and frost. I reserved 3/4 cup of frosting to decorate..
- Decorate with Reeses candy!.