Seafood Arrabiata. Italian for "angry," arrabbiata is a spicy tomato sauce. Sprinkle shrimp with salt; add shrimp to pan. Sprinkle shrimp with salt; add shrimp to pan.
Which makes it great for a weeknight dinner. Stir in the scallops, shrimp, and mussels; ensure the seafood is covered with sauce and noodles to get an even cook. Add additional broth if need be. You can cook Seafood Arrabiata using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Seafood Arrabiata
- It’s 8 oz of uncooked linguine.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin, divided.
- You need 6 oz of scallops.
- You need 6 oz of shrimp, peeled and deveined.
- Prepare 12 of littleneck clams.
- You need 6 oz of mussels.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped onion.
- You need 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 1/2 cup of clam juice.
- You need 2 tbsp of chopped parsley, fresh.
- It’s 1 tbsp of basil, thin sliced.
- You need 1 (14.5 ounce) of can diced tomatoes.
Also feel free to substitute fettuccine or spaghetti instead of linguine! Arrabbiata sauce is a spicy, tomato-based sauce made with olive oil, garlic, fresh or canned tomatoes, and spiced with dried red pepper flakes. It's usually simmered until it's aromatic and served with pasta. Heat oil in a large skillet or saucepan over medium heat.
Seafood Arrabiata step by step
- Cook pasta omitting salt and oil in water, drain. While the pasta cooks, heat 1 Tbsp oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the scallops and shrimp; cook 3 minutes. Remove from pan; keep warm. Heat remaining 1 Tbsp oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add Orion, red pepper and garlic and cook 2 minutes..
- Add tomato paste and tomatoes; bring to a boil and cook 2 minutes. Add clam juice; cook 1 minute. Add clams; cover, reduce heat to medium and cook 4 minutes. Add mussels; cover and cook 3 minutes or until clams and mussels open. Discard any unopened shells. Stir in scallops and shrimps and parsley; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated..
- Serve over pasta. Sprinkle with basil..
- So, summer months in Florida aren't good for mussels. So I bought a bag of seafood mix and used that instead..
Watch how to make this recipe. Tr our arrabbiata pasta recipe with crab. This seafood pasta recipe with arrabbiata sauce and crab is an easy pappardelle pasta recipe with arrabbiata sauce Fiery One-Pot Seafood Pasta with Arrabbiata Sauce Not only is this Fiery One-Pot Seafood Pasta with Arrabbiata Sauce recipe a cinch, but it ups your dinner game with tender shrimp, sweet scallops and juicy mussels which makes it ideal for a weeknight quick-fix or a next-level dinner party. This recipe for Seafood Arrabbiata from Cooking Light incorporates a few different types of shellfish into a spicy tomato broth that is served over pasta. "Arrabbiata" means "angry" in Italian alluding to the spiciness of the dish. You can alter the spices to your liking.