Custard Cake / Flan Cake. Smooth and creamy custard /flan on top with soft, moist, and fluffy cake base. Custard Cake resembles a chiffon cake with a topping of sweetened milk and egg mixture known as custard. At first glance, this could be mistaken as a giant Leche Flan because the topping resembles one.
It is a combination of caramel custard with a chiffon cake as the base. About this Recipe – Caramel Custard. Popularly known as Caramel Custard cake or cake with leche flan. You can cook Custard Cake / Flan Cake using 21 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Custard Cake / Flan Cake
- You need of Sponge Cake Layer.
- Prepare of Meringue.
- You need 3 of eggwhites.
- You need 1/8 tsp of cream of tartar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of powdered sugar.
- It’s of Sponge base.
- You need 3 of egg yoks.
- You need 1/2 cup of powdered sugar, shifted.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of oil.
- You need 1/4 cup of water.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 cup of cake or all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need of Custard Layer.
- Prepare 8 of egg yolks.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of evaporated milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sweetened condensed milk.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of Caramel Layer.
- It’s 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
Flan cake, also known as leche flan cake or crème caramel cake, is a Filipino chiffon or sponge cake (mamón) baked with a layer of leche flan (crème caramel) on top and drizzled with caramel syrup. It is sometimes known as "custard cake", which confuses it with yema cake. View top rated Custard cake flan recipes with ratings and reviews. Egg Custard Cake, Nescafe Glazed Custard Cake, Amaretto Custard Cake, etc.
Custard Cake / Flan Cake step by step
- Make a caramel. Pour the sugar on a skellet and let it melt until liquid on medium heat..
- Pour your caramel into your baking pan. Use a round 8 inch baking pan for this recipe..
- In a separate bowl. Mix all the custard ingredients until smooth..
- Pour the custard mixture into the baking pan with caramel. Dont mix!.
- Make the base for the sponge cake. In a bowl, mix the powdered sugar with the egg yolks until smooth. Then add the oil, water and vanilla. Mix well..
- Add the shifted flour and salt. Mix until you dont see any white powder left. Dont overmix..
- Make the meringue in a separate bowl. Beat the eggwhites, powdered sugar and cream of tartar until soft peak..
- Take 1/3 of the meringue and mix by folding the into the sponge base. Fold the rest 1/3 at a time..
- Pour the sponge cake on top of the custard mixture. Don't mix!.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil to keep the water from the cake..
- Steam for 50 minutes. Check if the sponge cake layer is cooked using the toothpick test. Steam for another 10 minutes if the sponge cake layer is still wet..
- Once done steaming, remove the pan from the oven and carefully remove the foil so to not drop some water on to the cake. Immediately run a knife around the side of the cake to release it from the pan..
- Use a serving plate that can accommodate the size of your custard cake. Place it on the pan and quickly but carefully flip the pan and plate together. Quickly so not to spill the caramel..
- Let it cool for a few minutes at room temperature. Chill before serving..
Leche flan (custard cake). (Feast magazine). I love anything with lemon, and I've been eyeing this recipe in the Everyday Food since I got the book, and · I'm calling it, this Magic Custard Cake really is magic. There were more than a few occasions I almost gave up and tipped the mixture into the bin while I was making this. This cake is covered in vibrant purple frosting, and inside, it's made of layers of ube sponge cake, real purple yam, and creamy custard. Make sure to order it soon: the Conti's Ube Custard Cake is only available for a.