Scrumptious steak fajitas. Cook E doeFace has made yet another quick and scrumptious meal. Easy Steak Fajitas – Tender, juicy, melt-in-your-mouth slices of steak with bell peppers and onion. You can still make the easiest steak fajitas ever.
There's something about that sizzling platter of fajitas that always makes everyone's mouth water when it goes by the table at your favorite Mexican food spot. Her Skirt Steak Fajitas recipe at the bottom of this post was one of the first to catch our eye. Laurie shares in her book that this steak fajitas recipe was one of her go-to, no-fail recipes in the early years. You can cook Scrumptious steak fajitas using 24 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Scrumptious steak fajitas
- It’s of Flank or skirt steak.
- It’s of Chili powder.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Cumin powder.
- Prepare of Fresh lime juice.
- It’s of plus 2 TBS. Olive oil.
- You need of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s of garlic, minced.
- Prepare of yellow onion, sliced.
- It’s of Red, yellow or green bell peppers, sliced.
- Prepare of jalapeño, diced (optional).
- Prepare of tomato, diced.
- You need of Cilantro, chopped.
- Prepare of flour tortillas.
- Prepare of Iceberg lettuce, sliced thin.
- You need of lemon.
- You need of White sauce.
- You need of Mayonnaise.
- You need of Sour cream.
- It’s of green onions, diced.
- You need of Cumin.
- It’s of Apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare of Sugar.
- It’s of jalapeño, diced (optional).
Grumples had his yearly check up on Tuesday morning. Last week, I made lettuce wrapped steak fajitas. I've been an anemic since I was a kid, so it's important for me to. Reviews for: Photos of Steak Fajitas.
Scrumptious steak fajitas step by step
- Combine 2 teaspoons ground cumin, the chili powder and 1 teaspoon salt. Cut shallow crosshatch cuts into both sides of steak for entire length of steak..
- Rub spice mix all over both sides. Place in a ziploc bag..
- In a small bowl whisk lime zest, lime juice, 1/4 C. olive oil, Worcestershire, and half the garlic. Reserve 2 Tbsp. of the marinade and pour the rest into the bag with the steak. Seal and toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Massage every now and then to redistribute marinade..
- Heat 2 Tbsp. olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and saute 3-4 minutes until soft and translucent. Add in bell peppers and saute another 3 minutes..
- Reduce heat to medium, add the remainder of garlic and cumin and salt to taste. Cook stirring often until peppers are soft and beginning to caramelize. 5-8 minutes..
- Pour in the 2 Tbsp. reserved marinade. Stir in half the cilantro. Salt to taste and remove from heat and keep warm..
- In a smoking hot dry pan blister tortillas on both sides. Place in an oven on very low heat to keep warm..
- Remove steak from ziplock bag and pat dry with paper towels. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Cut steak and work in batches if your skillet is not large enough. Cook steak to your liking. 3-4 minutes per side for medium rare..
- Remove to cutting board. Cover with foil and let sit 10 minutes. Cut across the grain into thin strips..
- Tip remaining juices from pan over cut steak, and sprinkle with remaining cilantro..
- Mix all white sauce ingredients together..
- Sprinkle juice of 1/2 lemon over sliced lettuce, add salt..
- Assemble fajitas. Place steak in tortilla and top with tomatoes, onions and peppers, lettuce and jalapeños if desired. Drizzle white sauce over top..
This recipe teaches you how to make restaurant-style steak fajitas at home, from the flavor-packed marinade to the best cooking technique. For a seriously satisfying dinner at home, look no further than this foolproof steak fajita recipe. Marinating the meat in these Sizzling Steak Fajitas from Delish.com makes all the difference. Place a fajita pan (or cast-iron skillet) directly on hot grill and drizzle a. Skirt steak is the traditional cut used for fajitas.