Verden Beste Kake (World’s Best Cake)🇳🇴. Sponge cake baked with meringue and almonds becomes the centerpiece of this delightful layer cake filled with custard and whipped cream. Kvæfjordkake began its inception in the north of Norway and has earned it's nickname as verdens beste, "the world's best". On the island of Hinnøya in the town.
It is also known as Kvæfjord cake. Kvæfjord is a municipality in Tromsø in northern Norway, an absolutely. ▪️Verdens beste kake means World's best cake,it is also called Kvæfjordkake. Slice the cake into two halves. You can have Verden Beste Kake (World’s Best Cake)🇳🇴 using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Verden Beste Kake (World’s Best Cake)🇳🇴
- Prepare 100 g of Butter.
- You need 100 g of Sugar.
- You need 100 g of All-purpose Flour.
- You need 4 of Egg Yolks.
- Prepare 4 Tbsp of Milk.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Vanilla Extract (1 Vanilla bean).
- It’s 1 Tsp of Baking Powder.
- You need 50 g of Sliced Almonds.
- It’s of ✨Meringue Topping✨.
- Prepare 4 of White Eggs.
- You need 175 g of Sugar.
- You need of ✨Filling✨.
- You need 368 g of Vanilla Pudding (I used Snack pack pudding).
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Sugar (optional if you like it sweet).
- You need 300 ML of Heavy Whipping Cream.
- It’s 1 Tsp of Vanilla Extract.
Spread vanilla cream on one half of the cake then put the other half on. Is it the World's Best Cake? That's a pretty lofty title to give any cake, so I'm not sure I could give this cake that title. They call it for " world best cake " in Norwegian we call it for "Verdens beste" It is a thin sponge layer cake that is so unique from other layered cakes.
Verden Beste Kake (World’s Best Cake)🇳🇴 step by step
- To make the filling mix together whipping cream, sugar and vanilla extract. Whip the cream until stiff and fold together with the pudding vanilla. Cover with plastic wrap and chill it in the refrigerator at least 6 hours..
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). In a stand mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until pale and light. Add vanilla extract and the egg yolks one at a time. Beating to ensure everything is well incorporated. Add in the sifted flour, baking powder and milk. Fold in until fully combined. Spoon the mixture into a prepared pan and spread it out evenly and set aside for a few minutes..
- Next make the meringue topping. Whisk the egg whites until soft and stiff then add the sugar in very slowly, beating on high speed until it gets stiff peaks form(about 5 minutes). Spread the meringue mixture on top of the cake mixture. Sprinkle the sliced almonds on top. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean and the meringue is dry and has turned golden. Leave to cool for a few minutes in the pan..
- To assemble, cut the cake into two halves. On one half, spread the pastry cream mixture, then carefully put the other half on top. Leave it to set in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours before serving. Yummy!.
After baking, the cake is sliced and filled — my goodness, one bite of. this cake and you will understand why it called the World's Best Cake —it's. "World's Best Cake" is a Norwegian classic! It's called verdens beste in Norway — I didn't give it the name, it actually won a national cake competition years and years ago. Layers of moist sponge, light and crisp meringue, almonds, and heavenly vanilla cream come together into something really. The recipe for this cake, adapted from "Sweet" by Yotam Ottolenghi and Helen Goh, first appeared in an article written about Ms. Goh when she ran her cafe, the Mortar & Pestle, in Melbourne, Australia.