Chicken Tikka Masala. Chicken Tikka Masala is one of my favourite dishes, and this recipe is the bomb! Everything is made in the same pan, so the flavour of the meat transfers. Proper Chicken Tikka Masala served at good Indian restaurants is made with yoghurt marinated chicken which is then chargrilled so it has that gorgeous smokey flavour.
Serve with rice or warm pita bread." For this chicken tikka masala recipe, the yogurt helps tenderize the chicken; the garlic, ginger, and spices in the marinade infuse it with lots of flavor. Chicken tikka masala is a dish made by cooking chunked marinated chicken in an orange spiced curry. Chicken tikka masala has been acknowledged as "The true natural dish of Britain" for decades. You can have Chicken Tikka Masala using 25 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Tikka Masala
- You need of Marinate (At least 1 Hr).
- You need 1 Cup of Plain Yogurt.
- You need 1 Tbls of Lemon Juice.
- You need 2 Tsp of Cumin.
- It’s 1 Tsp of Cinnamon.
- It’s 2 Tsp of Cayenne.
- You need 2 Tsp of Black Pepper.
- You need 1 Tbls of Ginger Root.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Salt.
- It’s 3 Lbs of Chicken Breast, Bite Size Pieces.
- Prepare of Skewer and Grill.
- You need of Wooden Skewers.
- You need of Sauce.
- Prepare 1 Tbls of Salted Butter.
- Prepare 1 Clove of Garlic, Minced.
- It’s 1 of Jalapeno, Diced.
- You need 2 Tsp of Cumin.
- Prepare 2 Tsp of Paprika.
- You need 1 Tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 (8 Oz) of Can Tomato Sauce.
- It’s 1 Cup of Heavy Cream.
- You need of White Rice.
- Prepare 2 Cups of White Rice/ Couscous.
- Prepare 3-4 Cups of Water/ Whatever Ratio your Rice to Water is. I do 1-2.
- You need of Add Cilantro for Freshness.
This chicken tikka masala recipe is easy and delicious. Chicken Tikka Masala – tender chunks of marinated chargrilled chicken in a creamy mild sauce with garlic, ginger and spices. Kids and adults alike LOVE this dish. Marinating the chicken in some yogurt while sautéing the onions and garlic with the spices helps both flavor the chicken, tenderize it, and help make a thicker finished.
Chicken Tikka Masala step by step
- In a large bowl, combine yoghurt, lemon juice, cumin, cinnamon, cayenne, black pepper, ginger, and salt. Stir in chicken, cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour..
- (Optional) If you have Wooden Skewers, let them soak completely in a tub of water before using on chicken. This will prevent burning on the grill. Also, if you don't have a grill then you can use a cast iron skillet as a replacement for cooking the chicken. If you use the skillet then don't worry about skewering the chicken. (I suggest the grill if you have one though).
- Preheat Grill for High Heat. Once the chicken is done marinating for at least a hour, thread it onto the soaked skewers..
- Start boiling water for the white rice/Couscous.
- While your grill is pre-heating, make sure you dice your jalapeno and mince your garlic..
- Now depending on the white rice you chose you either want to start it after or before step 7. If it's 10-15 mins to cook it, then do it after. Any longer then do it before step 7..
- Melt butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic and jalapeno for 1 minute. Season with 2 teaspoons cumin, paprika, and 1 teaspoon salt. Stir in tomato sauce and cream. Simmer on low heat until sauce thickens, about 20 minutes..
- While your sauce is thickening, lightly oil the grill grate. Put Chicken on grill. Grill until juices run clear, about 5 minutes on each side..
- Once sauce is done simmering, add grilled chicken, and simmer for 10 minutes. Add Rice to bowl first, put chicken and sauce on top. Add Cilantro if using..
The only ingredient you might not have already have in your pantry is garam masala—it's basically the Indian version of Chinese. This Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe is so easy to make right at home using simple and delicious ingredients including spices, tomato sauce, onion, garlic, ginger, cream, and butter. And the chicken is perfectly Two. I had no one to share this chicken tikka masala with! So I had all four servings in one whole day.