Tuna melt. This Tuna Melt from Delish.com goes out to all the canned-fish lovers. The tuna melt is basically a toasted or grilled cheese sandwich with the addition of tuna salad, so the only other essential is any kind of bread and cheese you like to eat. A Classic Tuna Melt is one of our favorite lunch recipes ever.
And the reason they do is because it is delicious. Tuna melts are easy to make at home! Make some tuna salad, sandwich with cheese, and grill on the stovetop until toasty. You can cook Tuna melt using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tuna melt
- It’s 1 can (5 ounces) of can of tuna drained.
- It’s 1 of celery, chopped.
- You need 2 Tbsp of mayo.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 4 slices of bread that are toasted.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
Makes a simple lunch or a light dinner. A melt sandwich is a type of hot sandwich containing bread, cheese (sometimes grated) and some type of filling such as meat or vegetables. The sandwich is then heated until the cheese is melted. This classic tuna melt can be made in a frying pan!
Tuna melt instructions
- Preheat oven 350°.
- In a medium bowl use a fork to break up tuna mixed tuna with celery mayonnaise salt and pepper.
- Please the toasted bread on a baking sheet divide the tuna mixture evenly among each slice spreading to the edges of each piece covering the tuna mixture with 1/4 cup cheddar cheese on each piece.
- Bake for five minutes then turn on the boiler for three more minutes until cheddar cheese is melted.
If you like a little more texture to your toastie, it also works well with a tablespoon of finely diced celery folded through the filling. The tuna melt… you either love it or hate it. However, if you happen to be one of the few on the fence, you should definitely give this one a try. In search of a classic tuna melt? This is the best we've tried.