Carrot Cake. I've tried many carrot cakes, and this is my favorite recipe. How to make carrot cake from scratch. This cake is quick and easy to make, versatile and utterly delicious.
But honestly, carrot cake is such an incredible dessert and I think it should be enjoyed all year long. This carrot cake cake sets the standard for carrot cakes everywhere. It's deeply moist and filled with toasted pecans. You can have Carrot Cake using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Carrot Cake
- Prepare of Carrot Cake:.
- Prepare 1 cup of pecans or walnuts- lightly baked & coarsely chopped.
- Prepare 340 g of raw carrots (about 2 1/2 cups finely grated).
- You need 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 4 of large eggs.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of granulated white sugar.
- You need 1 cup of sunflower, vegetable or canola oil (or other flavorless oil).
- It’s 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of Cream Cheese Frosting:.
- You need 1/4 cup (57 grams) of unsalted butter, room temperature.
- You need 8 ounces (227 grams) of cream cheese, room temperature.
- Prepare 2 cups (230 grams) of confectioners (powdered or icing) sugar, sifted.
- You need 1 teaspoon (4 grams) of pure vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon (4 grams) of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of finely grated lemon zest (outer yellow skin) (optional).
Most of its flavor comes from brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and carrots. Carrot cake is cake that contains carrots mixed into the batter. Most modern carrot cake recipes have a white cream cheese frosting. This truly is the best carrot cake recipe!
Carrot Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Butter, or spray cake pan..
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and ground cinnamon..
- With electric mixer, beat the eggs until frothy (about 1 minute). Add the sugar and vanilla extract and beat, on high speed, until the batter is thick and light colored (about 3 – 4 minutes). With the mixer on low speed, gradually add the oil in a steady stream and then beat until combined. Add the flour mixture and beat just until incorporated. With a rubber spatula fold in the grated carrots and chopped nuts..
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean..
- Cream Cheese Frosting: With electric mixer, beat the butter until smooth. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract and beat until light and fluffy (about 2-3 minutes). Add the lemon juice and beat until incorporated. Add the soft cream cheese in four to five additions (scraping the bowl as needed), beating until incorporated and the frosting is nice and smooth..
- To Assemble: Once the cake is cool, slice it in the middle. Place one layer of the cake on your serving platter. Spread with about 3/4 cup (150 grams) of the frosting. Gently place the second cake layer onto the frosting and spread the rest of the frosting over the top and sides of the cake. If desired, garnish with toasted nuts. Serve cold or bring to room temperature before serving..
It's perfectly moist and delicious, made with lots of fresh carrots, and topped with the most heavenly cream cheese frosting. Grate the carrots on the small holes of a box grater. Whether you want a carrot cake that's dense, moist and full of spice and nuts, or you like Try Rachel Allen's easiest carrot cake loaf for afternoon tea, Dan Lepard's carrot cake cupcakes for Easter, or. The BEST Carrot Cake with Frosting – How To Build a Raw Layer Cake. Moist and Soft Carrot Cake with Pineapple and Cream Cheese Frosting