Seafood chowder with coconut, corn and mussels. With the addition of coconut milk this earthy seafood soup is a immediate favorite at my house! Cooked to perfection with seasoning and fresh corn this is a must try in your neck of the woods!! This corn and seafood chowder is a hearty, creamy mixture of scallops, shrimp, potatoes, and corn.
There are different types of chowder and most of them uses I love this dish specially the seafood chowder, we usually make them once in a while, it combines two of the elements I love in a dish, something creamy. Thai Chile Corn Chowder with Coconut Fried Shrimp. Spicy, fresh, sweet and easy, a delicious way to use up that August corn, from halfbakedharvest.com. You can have Seafood chowder with coconut, corn and mussels using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Seafood chowder with coconut, corn and mussels
- Prepare 1 of thumb-sized nub ginger, minced.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 of large shallot, minced.
- Prepare 1 of serrano chili, chopped.
- You need 2 tbsp of fish sauce.
- You need 1 can (400 ml) of coconut milk.
- It’s 3 cups of vegetable or fish stock.
- It’s 6 of medium yellow potatoes, peeled and cut into 2 cm cubes.
- You need 1 can (340 ml) of sweet whole kernel corn.
- You need 1 tsp of palm sugar.
- You need 1 box of half-shell mussels (about 36).
- Prepare 1 bunch of green onions, chopped.
Thai Chili Corn Chowder with Coconut Fried Shrimp. Basil Coconut Curry Pasta with Clams, Mussels and Corn. Recipe by Brooke the Cook in. This makes a big pot of thick seafood chowder, you almost need a fork to eat it!
Seafood chowder with coconut, corn and mussels step by step
- Add a splash of veg oil to a medium pot on medium heat. Add the ginger, garlic, shallot and chili and fry for 1 minute..
- Add the fish sauce to the pot and cook another minute. Add the coconut milk, stock and potatoes. Simmer 5 minutes, then add the can of corn. Simmer another 5 minutes until the potatoes are tender..
- Use a slotted spoon to scoop out half of the potatoes and corn, then blitz the rest with an immersion blender. Return the potatoes and corn to the pot. Stir in the palm sugar..
- Remove the mussels from their shells and clean them well. Add them to the chowder and let simmer for 5 minutes. Add salt and fresh cracked white pepper as needed. Serve with a sprinkle of green onions..
Fresh vegetables, hearty seafood, and crumbled bacon make this quick-cooking soup a robust one-dish meal. Stir in corn and mussels; bring to a boil. Combine half-and-half, milk, and flour in a small bowl; stir with a. Summer meets fall in this spicy, creamy, vegan Sweet Corn & Coconut Milk Chowder recipe. Top with cilantro, jalapeños, coconut flakes and fresh corn.