Cinnamon Honey Cakes.
You can cook Cinnamon Honey Cakes using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cinnamon Honey Cakes
- Prepare 1 3/4 cup of flour.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup (1 stick) of very soft butter.
- It’s of More butter (for greasing pan).
- Prepare 1/8 cup of more butter (for glazing).
- You need 1 of lemon worth of zest.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of nutmeg.
- You need 3/4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1 cup of honey (raw is best).
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 2-3 dashes of cinnamon.
Cinnamon Honey Cakes step by step
- Grease the bejezus out of the muffin pan with soft but not melted butter..
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add in soft butter and mix until it's an evenly crumbly mixture.
- In a small bowl whisk together the milk, eggs, 3/4 cup honey, and vanilla..
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients until combined. Don't over mix. It'll still be a little lumpy..
- Pour batter into muffin pan. Bake for 16 minutes or until cakes are not quite done..
- Microwave 1/8 cup melted butter and remaining 1/4 cup honey. Add 3-4 dashes of salt. Microwave for 10 seconds and stir..
- Remove hot cakes from muffin pan to parchment-Iined sheet pan.
- Use a pastry brush to paint the hot cakes with the honey butter mixture. Be generous and let it run down the sides. Let sit for 6-10 minutes so honey can soak in..
- Bake again for 9 minutes..
- Let cool and serve with butter or lemon whipped cream..