Salisbury Steak. Salisbury steak is named after the physician who invented it; a tasty hamburger "steak" that is low in carbohydrates. Salisbury steak is usually served with mashed potatoes and whole kernel corn. Treat your family to Ree Drummond's Salisbury Steak recipe from The Pioneer Woman on Food Network; smother the beef patties in gravy for a rib-sticking meal.
It's ready in under an hour and cooks all in one skillet. Just like mom used to make. Serve with buttered noodles or mashed potatoes. You can have Salisbury Steak using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Salisbury Steak
- You need of hamburger patties.
- It’s of steak seasoning.
- Prepare of frozen chopped onion.
- It’s of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare of beef broth.
- You need of sliced mushrooms.
- Prepare of onion soup mix.
- You need of pepper.
Salisbury steak is a homey classic that makes "steaks" from ground beef and combines it with a mushroom gravy made with mushroom, onion, broth, and ketchup! The Salisbury Steak came out looking just like it did on the package (Seriously! Salisbury Steak with mushrooms and onions served with gravy over noodles or rice is comfort food at its finest! Salisbury Steak is one of those classic meals that reminds me of my childhood.
Salisbury Steak step by step
- Spray crock pot with nonstick spray.
- Place 4 patties around the bottom of the pot. sprinkle with steak seasoning..
- Then put half of the onions and mushrooms on top.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 with remaining hamburger, seasoning, onion, and mushrooms.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, broth, soup mix, and pepper together. Pour on top of the patties.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours (your meat will not be brown like when you grill but it will be thoroughly cooked if done the full time! Something about sitting in the juice keeps it the same color).
- Use the gravy over mashed potatoes also.
Reimagine salisbury steak by making them into meatballs and tossing them in deliciously buttery egg noodles. The site may earn a commission on some products. This Salisbury Steak is our new "go-to" recipe for busy nights when we only have a few ingredients left in the pantry and fridge. I always keep these ingredients handy because my family loves this dish! It's a dish made of ground beef and spices and isn't really a steak at all.